UK ID Cards apply using UK ID Card’s paperless, online application system to manage your application using your online account and s0ave time and money by avoiding the need to print forms, take photos at a photo booth or post anything to us.
UK ID Card proof of age & UK ID card are available for any UK resident and are issued in 3 age categories: ’18+’ for adults, ’16-17′ for young people over 16 and ‘Under 16’ for children.
We offer two products for all age categories – in addition to the UK ID Card we also offer the Yoti CitizenCard, the new digital ID solution and a physical UK ID card which can be used to create your identity on the free Yoti mobile app. You can select which type of UK ID Card you require during the application process.
Whether you are home shopping (including purchasing alcohol and tobacco or playing the lottery), applying for a new job, renting a new home, visiting premises (like prison), accessing services like transport, housing services or claiming benefits, CitizenCard helps you prove your age and identity. To get your UK ID card, start the online application process below.
IS THIS YOUR FIRST UK ID CARD PHOTO ?
Yoti CitizenCard, a UK ID card, for applicants aged over 18
Apply for your first UK ID Card
Costs £15 and takes 21 days. Card posted by Royal Mail 2nd class post
Costs £30 and takes 1-2 working days. Card posted by Special Delivery guaranteed Next Day by 1pm
For information on how to get a CitizenCard the same day you apply, please read about our Same Day ID Service.
Are you already a cardholder ?
APPLY FOR A REPLACEMENT CARD IF:
You lost your CitizenCard
UK ID Card is damaged
Current age band has expired
Appearance or name has changed
You want a Yoti CitizenCard
Apply for a Replacement ID card
Costs £12 and takes 21 days. Card posted by Royal Mail 2nd class post
Costs £25 and takes 1-2 working days. Card posted by Special Delivery guaranteed Next Day by 1pm
How to apply for your first UK ID Card online?
1. Start the online application process by using “Apply for your first UK ID Card button.
2. “Create Your Account” online (complete a registration form and activate your account) or “Log in” to your CitizenCard online account if you already have one.
3. Use “Apply for a new CitizenCard” button, complete a new, online application for a UK ID Card and make a payment.
4. “Choose a verification route” – either a digital check that will authenticate your photo ID document or a referee who is a professional person that will confirm your identity
5. Upload your photo and, if needed, any documents required.
6. We verify your identity with a photo ID validation or by contacting your referee.
7. We post your photo ID card to you.
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR ONLINE APPLICANTS
If you need your card right away, make an Urgent application using our paperless online application system.
Make sure you follow our photo requirements when you upload your photo.
If you don’t have a valid Passport (UK or International), Photo Driving Licence (UK or European) or European National ID Card, you need a referee – a professional person validating original document(s) or confirming your details from official records.
If applicable, check whether your referee completed the Digital Referee Declaration Form to submit their work details to us.
If applicable, make sure that your referee can be contacted by phone and email during office hours at their place of work.